Eligibility: North American citizens only.
Note: U.S. National Pro winners are required to provide a copy of their passport no later than three weeks after the tournament in order to receive the travel package.
- The Winners package includes a flight from the same location of the championship or cheaper place only. (Have to be approved by the UAEJJ Federation).
- Winner’s packages include accommodation, meals, transportation and visa for tournament days only (no exceptions).
- The package winners have 2 weeks deadline after the championship to send all information through www.uaejjf.org otherwise the package will be cancel or give to the second in the rank. (Information on the Winners Package Form).
- The Package Prize will be change to second place in any case of lack of documentation, problems, injuries, etc.
- The winner’s details have to be in the UAEJJF System (membership details) in maximum 2 weeks.
- Winner’ form has to be sent contends the players and departure information (form to be provide by UAEJJF).
- Passport and Photos for the visa have to be in good quality and resolution in the UAEJJF System.
- No changes, extends or upgrades on the tickets and visas will be made by UAEJJF.
- Tickets from the Country Main Aiport Only.
OPEN WEIGHT ENROLLMENT
With the exception of Brown and Black Belts, only those who reach the semifinals will be allowed to compete in the Open Weight Division
Athletes are eligible only to fight open weight if they compete on the weight division, if the athlete didn’t make the weight, or didn’t show up for the division they are not allowed to participate in the open weight.
To participate in the open class division the athletes must apply their registration at the event center table according to the event schedule.
No registrations will be accepted after the closing time scheduled.
Athletes should make sure that all your registration information is correct at the fighter’s list.
- Check your Name, Weight, Gender, Age, Belt and Academy.
If there are any errors on your application or your name is not included on the list, please send an email to:
Request for changes should be sent until the registration deadline – 5pm (UAE time) requests sent after the correction deadline will be ignored.
Athletes affiliation and academy registration
All Kids and Adults from White to Black Belt athletes must be properly affiliated for the current year in the UAE Jiu-Jitsu Federation.
All academies must be registered in order for its students to register in the competition.
All the documentation must be properly filled when applying your affiliation online. All athletes with pending and/or incorrect documentation won’t be able to register for the tournament, as they need to have their request approved first.
For information about how to become a member or renew your membership: Become a member
For more information on how to register your academy: Academy Registration.
You must bring the ID at the event before their fights, otherwise you will not be able to compete.
Any false information provided during registration such as DOB but not limited to; may leed to immediate disqualification; such actions are subject to suspension or even banishment from future UAEJJF events.
Depending on the number of athletes in the tournament, some classes may not have the division.
* When there is only one athlete on the bracket, points are not counted.
** When there are only two athletes in the bracket and both from the same academy, points are not counted.
Check-in is the first process whereby the fighters will do when they arrival at tournament:
A basic summary of the Accreditation process is below:
- Passport or valid ID Verification
- Fighters registrations details
Upon finishing your process with the CHECK IN, the fighters are allowed to follow the weight in
Athletes may only weigh up and fight if they are carrying an ID (identity document) with a photograph, otherwise the athlete will be disqualified
Weighing shall be performed before the FIGHT:
- If you don’t come to the weight-in (to check weight) you will be automatically disqualified
- You only have 1 chance to pass the weigh-in
11:30am Black Belt Adults
12:30pm Brown/Black Belt Master
1:00pm Brown/Black Belt Female
1:15pm Brown Belt Adult
1:30pm Black Belt FINALS
2:00pm Purple Belt Adult
2:00pm Blue/Purple Belt Master
2:30pm Blue/Purple Belt Female
3:00pm Blue Belt Adult
3:30pm White Belt Adult & Master
4:00pm Absolute Divisions
$10 admission fee
- Not allowed to hold club t-shirt or teams flags on the Podium (only country’s flag).
- The players must to wearing Kimono to receive their medals in the podium (not allowed hats, earphones, sponsors’ t-shirts or other kind of advertise).
– Avoid problems, perform before a checking list correctly, and make your check in to the day stipulated.
– Make sure to have clean clothes and NO GI uniforms in proper condition.
– Before each fight, athletes will be asked to show their Picture Ids to the officials. Make sure you have it at hand, the absence of ID can lead to DQ.
– Make sure to check the schedule at our website, brackets and schedules are also posted at the event venue.
– Athletes must keep the kimono and belt tied to the waist at all times while in the waiting or competition area.
– The referee makes the final decision and will not tolerate any complaints or make changes to the decision
– The athletes are not allowed to jump over the fences/barricades in the competition area.
– Make sure to get to the event at least 45 minutes prior to your bracket schedule. You should be warmed up by the time your bracket is called.
– Make sure to listen to the division calls on the PA System in the Warm Up area.
– At the designated time, go to the warm up area, wearing your GI and with a picture ID and Badge accreditation.
– In the warm up area, pay attention to the bracket manager calls
– After the Bracket Manager call, he will take you to the concentration area to wait your time to fight. The Mat Manager will take you to the competition area for your fight.
– Do NOT remain in the competition area after the end of your fight. Return to the concentration area, and remain there until the mat manager calls you for the next round if you won your previous match.
– Be respectful to the staff, officials other athletes and coaches. In turn they will show you the same courtesy.
– Be respectful to the referees, showing consideration and appreciation for the performance of his or her duties.
– Any disputes regarding matches are to be settled by the Referee. All decision by the Referee will be final.
– Direct all questions to tournament staff at the administration table. We will do our best to answer your questions as quickly as possible. Please be patient with questions as there are a lot of competitors at the event. As such we remain busy throughout the day.
– Please maintain your belongings. We cannot be responsible for lost or stolen items.
”As per Rules and Regulations from UAEJJ Federation, the weight divisions which there’s only one or two players will be canceled and the player will be moved to the next division, 3 (three) is the minimum players for the division happen (Even Open Weight).”
The medals awards, prize money and travel package rules are:
- If there’s only one or two player, he/she will not receive a medal and there’s no prize money, they will be moved to the next divisions. (except +95 division, where players will be placed in the open weight)
- If there’s three players, they will receive their medals but there’s no prize money.
- Division must have no less than 4 athletes from different academies to receive the prize money (in others case the division runs normally but there is no prize money).
- Division must have no less than 8 athletes to receive the package prize (in others case the division runs normally but there is no travel package). We strongly recommend the organizers to mix up belts and weights to have the minimum.
- Same case for masters division. However, the masters athletes can be placed in the adults divisions